Friday, April 23, 2010

Joel Grimes: Workshop

I attended a photo workshop last weekend put on by photography/photoshop extraordinaire Joel Grimes. There were twelve attendees in all including someone from Ohio, Florida and a few from Mass. I was actually surprised by the lack of local photographers in attendance. All I can say is that they missed out and those that did attend are a huge step ahead of the pack in my opinion.

Not only is Joel very knowledgeable and experienced, but also very willing to share this information for us all to better ourselves and for that I thank him. He put on an amazing workshop; one that I'm glad I did not miss out on. Not only was it a great learning experience, but it was great to be surrounded by people with such passion and energy toward the art. It's nice to feed off of each other and get the creative juices flowing. I feel like a fire has been lit beneath my ass and I have this burning desire to make things happen. I just hope that it sticks around. I need to somehow befriend some local photogs with the same feeling to keep the fire burning I think. Wow....the corniness stops here.

Thanks to Chasing the Sun Photography for putting the event on and to The Photography Guys Scott Eccleston and Mark Hensley for hosting. They have a great interview up with Joel on YouTube. Great event guys!

Here are some photos from the event. Unfortunately I didn't shoot all that much. I guess I was too busy trying to be a human sponge in an effort to absorb as much info as possible in the presence of such greatness.

















After the event ended some of us went out to Biddeford Pool. Some of the people from out of state were anxious to get out and get some pictures with some Maine flavor. Here are a few of my captures:





2 comments:

  1. Looks like a fun workshop! I need to do something like that. How did you light the 7th and 8th photo with the girl in the plaid jacket. Those two are great! the 7th one is really good! I like your work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to say that those pictures were lit with an AB800 firing into a medium softbox. I'm pretty sure that was the only setup I used outdoors. Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete

Like what you see? Please like CDP on Facebook.

Like what you see?  Please like CDP on Facebook.
Thank you so much.