Thursday, May 6, 2010

Portraits: Runner

I've given myself a self assignment to shoot some athletic portraits (sportraits) of various athletes. This of course requires me finding athletes that are willing to take part in my project. So, if you know of any please let me know. I'm not after the traditional "fashion" type of stuff. I'm looking for a gritty, dynamic, sweaty, hard lit look much like you'd see in Gatorade, Nike, Red Bull commercials and the like.

I contacted this person knowing that she was an avid runner/racer and in very good shape. Luckily she was more than happy to take part. Thank you!











2 comments:

  1. Some great portraits! I think my favorite is the second one. what kind of lighting did you use on these? Right now I just have one speedlite and a 60" shoot through umbrella. thanks for any info you can give!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mike,

    Thank your for stopping by and having a look at my work. All of these except the one where she is standing on the track were lit with a very simple setup.

    I had an SB-800 firing into a 3' Photoflex Octodome. I used a PW to trigger the light which was on a painters pole and held by her husband. Hope that helps!

    ReplyDelete

Like what you see? Please like CDP on Facebook.

Like what you see?  Please like CDP on Facebook.
Thank you so much.